Micro Zone Test System
When it comes to evaluating mechanical properties of ultra-small regions of ultrafine
specimens, the MZT-500 Series models are exceptionally powerful tools in the
fields of research and development and quality control. The MZT-500 can evaluate
mechanical properties, which conventional hardness testing machines for fine specimens
cannot measure, such as various CVD and PVD-deposited or generated films, including
ion-plated films; hardness of ultra-fine crosssections;bonding mechanical properties; and
mechanical wear properties of carbon fibers, glass fibers, whiskers, etc.
- Test data
The indentation factor can be obtained, which is related to the hardness value (partially) shown in
Martens hardness test (ISO14577) and Young’s modulus. Deformation characteristics in the load,
dwell, and unload phases are also obtainable for use in determining properties of the specimen material.
- Hardness tests such as Vickers and Knoop hardness tests are supported.
- The balance lever vibration isolation mechanism reduces the effect of external vibrations on measurements.
- Indenter indentation depth can be measured up to a maximum of 20μm with a resolution of 0.1nm.
- Test forces between 0.1mN and 1000mN can be applied electromagnetically for evaluation of material properties in submicroscopic areas.
- Field-compatible form with cover for protection against dust and wind.